Tuesday 17 April 2012

Sun of My Yelda !!!!!---a poem


My eyes are empty without you,
Words are silent and erratic few.
Smiles are tired of waiting….,
Tears are tired of acting…!
………………………..
Emotions are so crystal and icy,
Feelings are upset and fiery.
My essence is so restive,
As you are not with me.
………………………..
Life is a myth for the flickering greet,
Love is a riddle for the drifting spirit.
Death is the answer for the essence,
You are the necessity for my credence.
………………………….
Now again….
after the longest dark winter night………
…………………………….
Eyes are flickering with life,
Words are rhythm with melt ice.
Smiles are game with lovely spirit,
Tears are feeling the fiery heat.
……………………………
You are the sunshine of my long Yelda****......
O’ My beloved Sun……Take me in your arms…….!!!!!
…………………………….
Essence is answered now…..,
when the warmth of morning sunshine cuddled me anew.
……………………………
Death is Sun to the Yelda !!!!!!

 
(***Note:        Influenced by Khaled Hosseini’s ‘The Kite Runner’.
                        In Afghanistan, ‘Yelda’ is the first night of the month Jadi, the first night of the winter, the longest of the year………… Yelda is the starless night tormented lovers kept vigil, enduring endless dark, waiting the sun to rise and bring back their loved one.’) (pg no 125)

No comments:

Post a Comment